General Discussion
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Talisien17

Reply with quote  #1 
quality wise i am looking at either the bontrager ultimate tires for my trek 520 or maybe the serfas survivor. i don't do LONG distance riding and mainly its urban riding occasionally doing groceries if i don't ride the other bike. i am not overly impressed with the bontrager tires and they do not publish how the tire is built and none at the local trek store can tell me. any suggestions? thanks. maybe the bikeman has any suggestions?
Fairnooks

Reply with quote  #2 
They look roughly equivalent to me. Aramide belts are good as they are also used in ballistic resistant body armor. Looks like the bontrager come in larger widths, survivor up to 28 so that could be a deciding factor. I like the look of the ultimate hybrids myself but I favor those cuz I have a lot of bad roads and gravel to ride.
Talisien17

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, I was also looking at the Drifter City as well. problem is no one at the trek shop or on the web site can tell me WHAT and hw much belted the bontrager h1 ultimate has. at least the serfs says right on the box. that and they are half the price. o well back to digging up facts
bmxboy

Member Plus
Reply with quote  #4 
Trust me the serfas survivors are the best road tire out there the drifter series is an awesome tire as well I've ridden the 38c and the 26x2.0
Talisien17

Reply with quote  #5 
thanks for the help. things changed alot since i last rode in the mid 70's. and i had 1 bike mechanic in my area to rely on for parts!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.