General Discussion
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author   Comment  
Pamela

Customer Support
Reply with quote  #1 
Contest Update 12/04/14 - SUPER THANKS to everyone for all of the sublime, the wild, the crazy, incredibly and amazingly outrageous photos entered in the BikemanforU #weatherphotocontest   Winners will be announced  December 13 during Saturday's Bike Shop LIVE YouTube show. Stay tuned! In the meantime, which pix are your favorites???

Hey friends: Here's where you can enter our "Show us your best snow/sun/rain cycling" picture or video contest. What kind of weather do you ride in? Or not ride! What do you wear? Favorite storm cycling gear? Show us what ya got!

Enter by replying to this post - add your picture or video for a chance to win a prize from BikemanforU. Photos or videos must be entered by midnight, 12pm eastern, 11/30/14. Winner(s) will be announced on the Saturday LIVE Show 12/13/14. HAVE FUN!!!

Reply with quote  #2 
Sounds good to me , this was last year. I can't wait to enter this years. [thumb]

IMG_0184.JPG

Jim Frozen

Reply with quote  #3 
BIKEMAN FAMILY 2014.jpg 
DaDaRaRa

Reply with quote  #4 
Here's what happens when we get a little bit of rain here in Phoenix.  This was on 09/10/13.  There is a road that goes through this wash and, as you can see, there weren't any cars going through there for about a week.  I'll also mention that thanks to bike riding and walking, I've lost 30 pounds since this picture!

1-P1010319 (2013_11_01 07_49_05 UTC).JPG

Jim Frozen

Reply with quote  #5 
Way to go ..now I know what the fenders were for lol [biggrin]
Jmart

Reply with quote  #6 
1971 Schwinn Manta Ray 24"  Original Conditionphones manta ray 011.JPG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Not a great fan of that gear stick just perfectly positioned to catch your..<mens bits>.
Perhaps you could/should modify it to handlebar shifters as per the MkIII Raleigh Chopper (the Chopper itself was modelled [I believe] after that Schwinn).

Heartlessranger

Reply with quote  #8 
image.jpg 
This is is the type of weather I ride in which is the norm for Great Britain we are a cycling family all nine of us
I haven't driven a car since may 2002 weather conditions don't worry me my biggest problem is drunks who
feel the need to break their bottles killing mine and my family's bike tubes.

Ps bike man love your tops "one less car " have felt that way for a long time  

Heartlessranger

Reply with quote  #9 
image.jpg 
This is is my fully updated 1992 mountain bike I bought just the frame from a bike recycling 
centre as I liked the look of the frame and it was in a really bad state but now I so love my bike and is a pleasure to ride on and off road 

Jsantiago

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Bikeman and Crew
My brother in law sent me a picture of him cycling in Stormville, New York on November 14, 2014. He's riding his bike for COPD. I told him I would submit it for him. We can't wait for your jerseys to go on sale. I love the show and will register soon.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 30, Size: 130.98 KB 

jwc0283

Reply with quote  #11 
PhotoGrid_1416277038341.jpg I love commuting everyday and simply enjoy it more than driving no matter the weather! My commuter bike used to be a 26" Specialized Stumpjumper which I converted to a 700c daily driver. My favorite component are these Velo Orange Crazy Bars. Who knew sweep back city bars and bullhorns could be so handy! Love your show, keep up the great work[smile]
Jmart

Reply with quote  #12 
The Ice Bike bikes 001.JPG  bikes 006.JPG 

Reply with quote  #13 
Sting-Ray Junior Restored bikes 016.JPG 

Reply with quote  #14 
I love those bikes Jmart [thumb]
Jim Frozen

Reply with quote  #15 
IMG_0164.JPG 

IMG_0157.JPG  IMG_0161.JPG  IMG_0.jpg  IMG_0158.JPG  IMG_0169.JPG
  • Feels Like 17°
  • Visibility 0.75mi
  • Humidity 77%
  • UV Index 0 (Low)

Today - Occasional snow showers. High around 25 °F (-3.9 °C). Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph (16.1 to 24.1 kph). Chance of snow 40%.

Tonight - Variably cloudy with snow showers. Low 19 °F (-7.2 °C). Winds S at 10 to 15 mph (16.1 to 24.1 kph). Chance of snow 40%.    IMG_0167.JPG 

BikemanforU

Administrator
Reply with quote  #16 
HEY FRIENDS-
KEEP THE PICTURES COMING!!! LOVE-LOVE-LOVE THE VARIETY OF PIX THAT YOU ARE SENDING!!!
REMEMBER TO BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!
CONTEST SUBMISSION ENDS NOVEMBER 30TH!!! NEVER FEAR, THE BIKEMANFORU IS HERE ;-)
gktessier@comcast.net

Member Plus
Reply with quote  #17 
Ready for a ride. Snow 1.jpg  Snow 2.jpg
soup

Administrator
Reply with quote  #18 
No bad weather but felt I had to post something so:-

I was supposed to take a video showing the horrible weather in Scotland, however this is (what seems) the mildest winter ever and as at the end of November there was still no snow . So opted instead to show a normal trip, but undertaken at this time of year this soon turned into a gentle tootle directly home as the rear hub was playing silly beggars[1]ended up getting of the bike at Currie and walking the remaining mile and a half home.

[1] Since repacked[2] but untested (apart from a quick birl round the village which showed no obvious noises). There was no obvious damage to the balls or cones/cups The grease in it had to be seen to be believed: nice honey colour going in, a horrible black sludge when it came out .
[2] twentyminutes~quarter of an hour to take of wheel dissasemble freewheel and do the actual re-packing three quarters of an hour trying to get the axle rotating freely but with no slop (fine~tighten~no longer fine~undo, repeat x50)

Jmart

Reply with quote  #19 
Schwinn 3-Speed Sting-Ray Original Condition wrap cabinets 002.JPG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #20 
Hey Jim.   Excellent name for a winter weather contest.
soup

Administrator
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela
In the meantime, which pix are your favorites???

Jsantiago's for me. With Jim's(Jim Frozen) a close second (might have been number one if we had seen more of him actually on the bike in that weather).

Toni

Reply with quote  #22 
Hi Contest Entrants-As you may or may not have heard on our LIVE show on Saturday December 13th-YOU ARE ALL WINNERS!!!!
You have won a BikemanforU t-shirt, and a pair of tubes to keep you riding!!! Please send us your full name, full shipping address, t-shirt size, tube size, presta or schrader valve desired, if presta please indicate stem size 32 or 48; Please send this information to: bikemanforu@bikemanforu.com so we may get your prizes out to you!!!
Thank you for participating in our inaugural Autumn Cycling Photo/Video contest.  We appreciate your dedication to the love of cycling!!!
Marc Ariss

Reply with quote  #23 
As I had mentioned once on the Sat show I said I'd take a pic of my workshop...so here it is, not very glorious, but I like it for now. (Working on a MTB Single Speed Conversion)

P1010009.JPG 

Member Plus
Reply with quote  #24 
Gr8 picture!
Oh what's that I hear: "MTB Single Speed Conversion" special topic coming soon...
Well I wouldn't mind!
[thumb]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.