General Discussion
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Bob Wahoo Faddis

Reply with quote  #1 
Would like to get a nicer cassette type rear wheel. I have 3/8 axles and would like a 8t driver. Is this possible? Pic is example of bike mine is in pieces.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_5029.PNG, Views: 8, Size: 620.27 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 6, Size: 682.98 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 7, Size: 455.69 KB 

soup

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 

Cassette with one 'sprocket' on it?  Awful lot of freehub body to 'waste' with shims/spacers/washers etc

Further details required including size of wheel. 
I work best on photos so even if your bike is in bits post a photo of the bits with all the information you can think of , do not worry if a piece of information is not required it will be ignored so more rather than less info
This site is not toiling for space so you are saving no-one money or effort by being cryptic.
What do YOU mean by "cassette type wheel" "8t driver" I think I know what you mean but I have been wrong before (and I'll be wrong again)

Most axles are of the ⅜" diam with threading of 26threads per inch (usually designated ⅜ X 26T)
there is a 24 tooth per inch version but that is used on old Huffies and coaster brake equipped wheels
European bikes tend to use Metric sizes M10 etc.
As your axles are of the ⅜ variety would imagine that,although it has to be considered, you can pretty much put that well down your list of things to worry about.

Found a list of 'COMMON' axle sizes at http://www.axlerelease.com/axle-help

• M9x1.0- Front "fixie" (fixed gear road bikes) hubs as well as front dynamo hubs (front generator hubs for bicycle head lamps)
  • 3/8"x26T - Most axles including most department store bikes; Shimano Nexus and Alfine Series; 8FUN e-bike front hub motors. Very commonly used on road or bikes purchased at department stores that are not fitted with traditional quick release hubs.
  • M10x1.0 - European brands, SRAM, NuVinci, Rohloff; Bionx and some e-bike front hub motors
  • 3/8"x24T - Rear coaster brake hubs found commonly on beach cruisers, Huffy brand, older department store bicycles

Bob Wahoo Faddis

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm looking in dans comp and all the wheels have 14 mm rear axles. I'm not a bmx expert and am only getting into this. The Columbia freestyle came with 3/8 inch dropouts in the fork and frame. And also came with one piece cranks. I just bought a kit to upgrade it to a three piece crank. My gearing is 44/16 I read that with a rear bmx wheel cassette hub you can go down to a 8 tooth gear/drive in the rear and then get a 22t crank to have the same gearing or maybe a 28/10 idk yet

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 1, Size: 467.60 KB 

Bob Wahoo Faddis

Reply with quote  #4 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302145851940 These wheels on eBay are 3/8 front 14 rear
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.